1. £1m made up of £20 notes weighs 25 times as much as the equivalent of £1m in 500 euro notes.
2. The Downing Street front door used to be green.
3. And it has its own cleaner.
4. Shakespeare’s Henry VIII is considered jinxed because during a performance in 1613, the Globe theatre burned down.
5. The prime minister’s first task is always to answer the question of whether he would retaliate in the event of a nuclear attack.
6. More than half of Spain’s cabinet is female.
7. China smokes one third of the world’s cigarettes.
8. And there are 4.5 trillion cigarette butts discarded each year.
9. Florence Nightingale used the pseudonym “Miss Smith” to evade the media.
10. Hair is used to clean up oil spills because it is adsorbent